Salerno Parents' Council 2022-2023
|Lisa Brill McHale||Sanjeev Gupta|
|MacDara Hosty||Rachel O’Donnellan|
|Emer Deasy||Mary Prendergast|
We would encourage as many parents to support the Parents' Council as possible by attending events we organise, supporting fundraising initiatives and donating raffle prizes/sponsorship where possible. The whole school community, of which you are part, will benefit and it sends a signal to our children that their education is important to us.
What is the Salerno Parents' Council role?
- Providing support to the Principal and teachers
- Acting as a contact point between parents and the school
Representing the views of parents, e.g. by having an
- input into school policies etc.
- Ensuring that parents are represented at all levels in the consultative process of school development planning and decision-making.
The following is an example and is in no means exhaustive of the initiatives we have undertaken in the past:
- Organising speakers to present to groups of parents on various topics relevant to raising teenagers
- Organising speakers to present to the pupils from time to time on relevant topics
- Reviewing and giving feedback to the school management on proposed new polices
- Supporting specific school initiatives where possible with prizes, hampers or volunteering
- Organising 'Best of luck' goodies for both junior cert and leaving cert classes prior to exams
- Discussing and bringing forward to school management if appropriate
items/topics brought to our attention by other parents
- Organising a uniform sale at year-end
- Fundraising for Council initiatives from time to time and where appropriate assisting in school fundraising
- Providing a welcome hot drink and refreshments at school parent nights and organising the welcome morning for parents of first years on their first day
We are always open to ideas from parents on how we can help to enhance the school experience for all involved and would welcome your thoughts or suggestions on same.
Our names are listed above, and you can contact us via the school either by
emailing email@example.com marking the email for the attention of the Parents'Council or by dropping in a note to the school office.